We also help you to decide on the right type of business registration that best suits your circumstances.
If you wish to register your enterprise, public or private limited liability company, partnership, Non Profit Organization or sole proprietorship, we can help you in the entire process.
Check List for incorporation of a Limited Liability Company
- Proposed company names for name search approval (At least 3 names).
- Names of the Shareholders in full.
- Names of Directors in full if different from Shareholders.
- Postal addresses, E-mail address and Telephone numbers of the Shareholders and Directors.
- Numbers of Shares to be held by each Shareholder.
- Proposed physical address of Company and Directors. Physical address include Road, Plot number, Town and County.
- Email address of the Company (One that has never been registered with Itax before).
- Copy of National Identity Card/ Passport of Shareholders / Directors.
- Coloured passport size photos of the Shareholder/Directors.
Duration: 2 weeks
Checklist for registration of an Enterprise
- Proposed business names for name search approval (At least 3 names)
- Nature of Business
- Names of the Owner in full.
- Postal address, E-mail address and Telephone number of the Owner
- Proposed physical address of the Business. Physical address include Road, Plot number, Town and County.
- Email address of the Business (One that has never been registered with Itax before).
- Copy of National Identity Card/ Passport
- Coloured passport size photo.
Duration: 1 week
Checklist for registration of a society
- Proposed names for search and approval
- Objects of the society
- The number of members in the society (At least 10 members)
- The names, occupation and postal addresses of the Chairman, treasurer and secretary Proposed Physical address of the society. Address includes road, plot number, town, and county
- The society’s constitution
- Form A (application for registration of a society)
- Form B (notification of registered office and address of a society)
Duration: 1 month
Checklist for registration of a Non-Profit Organization (NGO)
1. Name reservation: You will be required to pay KShs. 1000.00 for search and approval of a name. There is a form you will fill (to be picked from the NGO Board), which time they will also give you the account number. (NGO CO-ORDINATION BOARD ACCOUNT NUMBER – 01136030582102; Cooperative Bank; Co-op House Branch).
You will submit (vide the said form) three names for the proposed NGO, which the Board will do a search to establish availability or lack thereof. This should take a day, utmost two days.
Once a name has been approved, you will need the following for the actual registration:
2. Duly filled Form 1 and 3 in duplicate. (Please note that Forms 1 and 3 are issued upon payment of KShs. 500)
3. Two (2) recent colored passport size photos on a white background (2 by 2 inches) of the proposed three (3) officials and two other Board Members with their names and organisation written at the back.
4. Copy of ID/Passport and KRA PIN Certificates for the five (5) proposed officials.
5. At least one third (1/3) of all the board members MUST be Kenyan for all foreign based NGSs.
6. Certificate of good conduct including the finger prints and receipts for Kenyans.
7. Constitution of the proposed NGO. This must be signed by both the proposed 3 officials and the 2 board members (2 copies to be submitted).
8. Please note that all the 2 Constitutions MUST be signed by all the proposed board members on the execution page and by at least one of the proposed officials on each and every page.
9. Minutes authorizing the filing of the application with a specific agenda and resolution to register the Organisation as an NGO with the NGOs Coordination Board.
10. Election of interim officials MUST form part of the agenda.
11. Proposed one year budget of the applicant organisation.
12. All applications MUST be accompanied by a forwarding letter.
13. All applications MUST contain ORIGINAL signatures of the officials and members as applicable.
14. All applications should either be typed or filled in block letters.
The application and registration processes are done in a fast and prompt manner with legal support provided by our qualified proffessional lawyer.